PLANET YUM - The Art Of Perfumery Master Class
For centuries the secrets of the Perfumer have been jealously guarded by the World’s great Fragrance Houses. Now, you can design & create professional perfumes! After this workshop you will have a depth of practical skills and knowledge, plus the resources to continue along your own personal journey into the world of perfumery.
Creating perfume is an exciting and somewhat magical experience, but should it be enjoyed by only the privileged few? Now, you can learn some of the trade secrets to blending your own beautiful accords, and creating your very own fine fragrance perfumes. When one aroma is added to another a new scent is born! The more scents perfectly blended in harmony, the more amazing the overall perfume can be. But without knowing the techniques of the traditional perfumer, your blends may lack the wow factor. It’s very rare to create a masterpiece with guesswork alone.
Let us guide you through an exciting and creative day where you’ll learn what makes the difference between a masterpiece perfume, and a cheap grade cologne.
PLEASE NOTE this is not a "natural perfumery" course using only essential oils. Perfumery does not discriminate between natural and synthetic, it only discriminates between what is "toxic" and "non-toxic". Natural does not always mean non-toxic. The course is designed to teach you to blend accords and create perfume like the professionals using any materials you choose.
Where: Heirloom Body Care Training Facility. Unit 9, 28 Coombes Drive Penrith NSW.
When: For Future dates please click here. Or contact business owner of Heirloom Body Care Mrs. Kerry Pearson on 02) 47222123 to book now.
Duration: course runs from 10am to 3pm.
Lunch & light refreshments will be provided. Please advise if you have any special dietary requirements.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
In this 5 hour hands-on practical & theory workshop you’ll become familiar with:
- A Brief History of the Art of Perfumery
- The Modern Science of how aromas/odours are sourced & created (including Synthetic Vs. “Natural” debate), and where to buy your Perfumery Supplies.
- You'll learn the difference between essential oils, isolates, aroma chemicals, absolutes, dilutions.
- The Perfumer's Pyramid, and how to structure just the right amounts of base, middle and top notes to build timing and evolution of the scent.
- The Perfume Families & How to Classify Aromas & Odours, and how to train your nose to recognise odours within perfumes.
- A Case Study: A World Famous Perfume. We will re-construct a version of a world famous perfume close to the original scent as a way of experiencing how a perfume comes together. You will then learn the Perfumer's most guarded skill - How to construct perfume accords. Accords are where the magic of a perfume really comes together. Basic accords & complex accords are blends of multiple odours/aromas that lose their individual scent as they merge and become a whole new beautiful scent of their own. Perhaps you have played around with blending fragrance before, but without the true know-how of accord building, blends can often lack the wow factor. Learn how to know when your blend is just right and in perfect harmony.
You will also learn the art of diluting your perfume concentrate into an atomiser spray - all materials and equipment will be supplied for you. You will take home your very own perfume designed & created by you.
Who knows, you could be the world’s next perfume sensation!
When you leave this Master class, you’ll have the necessary basic to intermediate skills to continue your own journey developing your own fragrance lines for fun or profit. You’ll be surprised at how much profit is to made from perfume.
Write a review
Dear Robin Imms & Andrew Dyer at PLANET YUM FINE FRAGRANCES, Just thought I would provide confirmation that order number 1366 was received on Monday 07/09/2015 in excellent condition. Thank you.I would also like to compliment you both on the creation of such amazingproducts.Each one is presented beautifully, with the most amazing aroma and attention to detail.Each individual product has exceeded all expectations.Absolutely amazing quality!!!I look forward to doing business with Planet Yum Fine Fragrances again and aim to place another order within the next week or two :-)
Wishing you both all the best
"Hi! A few months ago my partner was at the Sunday markets down the South Coast & purchased me Goat's Milk Soap & two of your large Triple Scented Candles. I was immediately hooked on your products, particularly the triple scented candles. When I'm home, candles are always burning, except in really hot weather, so I signed up on your website & purchased a lot of goat's milk soaps and triple scented candles. Last night my partner told me he put in an online order for more candles, total of 8 large. I have saved the boxes because they're immaculate. I can't even bring myself to recycle bin them - the boxes are so good. Keep up the great work and hopefully, the quality will never be compromised". Cindy Timms Blacktown NSW
I bought your Cashmere perfume because I tried some of my friend's and it is beautiful. For 20 years the only perfume I could wear was Vanderbild, and now I'm glad I tried your Cashmere, it is so unique and stays with me all day, Margaret Hammond, Rushcutters Bay.
To say I'm obsessed with your coconut oil hand & body scrubs is an understatement. My skin has never felt so soft before, or smelled so delicious. Thank you. Sara Fergusson, Rose Bay NSW
- PLANET YUM FINE FRAGRANCES
- 10 Narrien Place,
- North Nowra NSW 2541 Australia
- Phone: 02 4422 9523 HOURS Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday 9:00Am to 5:00PM.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org